Friday, October 3, 2008

CNN Thinks All Women Are Catty Bitches

I am thoroughly convinced that CNN is determined to piss off women. Last night, the cable news network broadcast the vice presidential debates and, like they did with the presidential debates, had a group of undecided Ohio voters weighing in on the proceedings in real time with a nifty contraption called a "Perception Analyzer".

However, unlike the presidential debate, which divided the group of undecided voters into Democrats, Republicans, and Independents, for the VP debate, CNN divided the same group by gender. Seriously.

And, as suspected, women LOVE Joe Biden:



Also, as suspected, women are catty bitches who HATE other successful women:



My mother even called the little trick "demeaning". And I agree. I mean honestly, the only difference between the presidential and vice presidential debates was that one candidate in the latter happens to be a woman. This should not be an issue. I could care less whether or not the candidate has literal balls. The only thing I am evaluating this candidate on is whether or not I believe they can do the job. Not how the candidate does with male or female voters. Not how hot the candidate is (though, admittedly, that helps), and certainly not on whether their anatomy possesses a wiener.

Feel free to chime in here if you think I am over reacting, but seriously, what the hell was CNN thinking?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats ridiculous.

Perhaps, by not separating the group by democrats & republicans they are attempting to show bipartisanship... sexism is in now. Everybody knows that.

Now, to explain the gap; gender does play a role in people's views. Palin's stance on Roe vs. Wade, as my mother also believes, throws women back to the time when they had few rights. Its a central issue that effects women to a greater degree than men. Also, I don't know how this was set up, but I doubt that people who generally swing Republican would be watching CNN. Plus, she was reading from a script, regardless of what the question was (although, I was impressed at her performance of intelligence). And, women are catty bitches.

Unknown said...

I don't know. I wasn't too bothered by the gender breakdown. Like most social science-y type surveys and breakdowns, it's interesting, but ultimately not that illuminating. But demeaning? I'm not so sure.